Spring 2016 Business Ethics: Educational and Organizational Best Practices Certificate Program
This online course taught by Dr. O.C. Ferrell and Dr. Linda Ferrell focuses on frameworks, resources, and approaches to developing business ethics programs and the teaching of business ethics. The course is appropriate for educators and practitioners interested in furthering their knowledge in business education and best practices in management.
Designed for business ethics educators, program managers, and organizational ethics managers, the course provides the participant with a systematic and complete structure to understand and teach organizational ethics. The instructors and participants discuss key frameworks and concepts for teaching business ethics and link philosophical principles to how decisions are made in an organizational context. Leading business ethics experts provide their prospective via podcasts.
This course begins on February 8, 2016 and the deadline to register is February 1, 2016.
- Course requires a 10 week schedule commitment at your own pace
- Online course activities provide distance learning convenience and flexibility to meet your time schedule
- Use of the latest technology, including podcasts and online teaching resources, many developed by the course designers (O.C. Ferrell, Ph.D. and Linda Ferrell, Ph.D.)
- Network with other educators and professionals from across the country and the world who are facing similar challenges
- Fee covers all course materials-text, readings, and podcasts
- Participants receive a Belmont University certificate upon successful completion of all ten modules (only participation required for a certificate)
The Benefits of Online Learning
- Ability to work on weekly modules at each individual’s pace and when most convenient
- A high level of interactivity with peers, including the exchange of best practices that could quickly be applied to work environments
- Efficiency in acquiring current information and course relevant supplements to better understand business ethics
- Access to highly experienced business ethics educators and practitioners
- Video podcasts bring direct contact with leading experts on business ethics issues
- Success in understanding business ethics education and training
- Instructors will also be available via telephone and e-mail
Fees and Registration
Registration fee of $995 includes course materials (books, website, open access business ethics resources for future use). The program is delivered through interaction via the Internet. Each participant must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete course requirements. Most of the course materials were developed by the course instructors and will not require additional cost or copyright approval for educational purposes. Some course materials will be sent by mail and email. The required textbook for the course is: O.C. Ferrell, John Fraedrich, and Linda Ferrell (2015) Ethical Decision Making and Cases, Cengage Publishing.